Thursday 3 November 2011

Minnie Moo the cat is song-less

Today I don't feel like doing anything
Today I got up from having another little cat nap on the carpet and thought about something that had been troubling me for a while.  As I lay there slowly waking up, I said to myself "Why don't I have a song? One that's special to me and makes me sing loudly on the inside."

So I joined my cat buddies for our regular milk (hold the coffee) morning and asked them about my song-less situation and they all talked about how they know plenty of peeps out there who all had their own special song they all had one too. Making polite conversation, I asked "what makes a song so special" and one older and seemingly much wiser cat responded with a wistful look in his eyes, "a special song, sings to you and to you only.  It finds you. The magical combination of words and music makes you feel like a million bucks and opens the flood-gate of happy memories and good times."

Hmmmmm I thought to myself, well I don't want the flood-gates to open, I'd get wet and I'm not sure about happy memories as I thought back to my early days on the street eating left-over pizza and my encounter with Mr Grump, the crazy kicking sheep. But I did love the idea of having a song that sings to me with a magical combination of words and music.

So the other day I was chilling out in front of the TV (again) and got a little tired from watching too many crime shows. It's hard work trying to solve crimes, all of that forensic and detective work is exhausting. Anyway, I flicked over to the music channel perhaps I'd find my song.  I was looking for inspiration. 

Wow it didn't take long, no sooner had I keyed in the numbers on the remote control I heard my song. Even before it heard me. Something about the lazy rhythm (darn it, I always spell that word wrong!) spoke to me. The wise old cat was right the song sung to me like I was the only person in the world. My song had found me. The Lazy Song, by Bruno Mars.

Are you humming it now, you know you're going to be singing it all day! 

Just in case you haven't heard the lazy song, the words go something like this, I'm sorry Mr Mars but I had to change out some of the naughty bits...they're a little too saucy for us cats.

Oh, today I don't feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed
Don't feel like picking up my phone (I never do!)
so leave a message at the tone
'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything
Nothing at all Nothing at all Nothing at all

I'm gonna eat some friskies then get back into bed
Kick up my paws and stare at
nothing at all, no nothing at all
Nothing at all Nothing at all and you get the picture
nothing at all

I'll be lounging on the couch just chilling in my snuggie
Turn on the TV and watch a little Mentalist who ain't called Dougie'
Then I'll head out the door and eat a little more
Friskies coz that's the food I adore

Cause in my castle (note not M's) I'm the freaking cat
Oh yes, I said it, I said it I said it 'cause I can
'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything
Nothing at all Nothing at all Nothing at all

Thank you Mr Mars for writing this song especially for me xxx

Yours in friskies Minnie Moo

PS please follow my blog (I'd love you even more) just add your email in the follow by email box and enter in the code.  That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Minnie Moo here, I love your comments as much as I love Friskies!