Thursday 15 December 2011

Minnie Moo the Pussy Foot Inn and Miss Tilly



I'm absolutely over-the-moon! Last night M came home with a real Christmas tree with sparkly lights, fun but slightly droppy baubles with pressies under it! Ah the scent of fresh pine needles with a hint of friskies fills the air. Bliss. 

I'm on the lookout for one or two pressies with the gift tag Dear Minnie Moo, thank you for being such a good boy-cat this year. Merry Christmas. Lots of love Mx. Hmmm what! Nada for me? No worries, I'll use my super-power nose to sniff out M's secret-pressie-hidy-spot.

Well my Christmas gift wish list for Mr Santa Claws is done, I'm really chuffed with my final top ten choices. But some of you are a little concerned about where the heck I'm going to store all those friskies? Seriously I don't see a problem I could just ask M to move out! No really..... one of the elves sent me an email in teeny tiny writing explaining that Santa likes to support local shop-owners so he may ask the supermarket down the road, round the corner, up the hill, down the hill and straight on ahead to make a weekly Friskie delivery.

Note the Elf said may, obviously Mr Santa Claws is still considering my list.

Now you know that pesky Miss Tilly from over-the-road, the cute one with brownish, blackish hair and funny little white paw tips? Well she's not too pleased about my love of Friskies. Apparently she heard M say "I've tried so many times to introduce Minnie Moo to new, yummy, tasty food. Fresh fish, dolphin friendly tuna, dutch sausage even home-cooked chook. But at the end of the day I think while living on the street he over-loaded on pizza and now just loves his Friskies. Everything else gets "two paws down" rejection every time."  

This didn't sit right with Miss Tilly. A born "gast-catronome" that's a long word for a food-lover Miss Tilly is a walking talking food encyclopaedia. Plus I've heard her cooking and baking skills are the best in the neighbourhood even better than Mrs Honey who works at the local bakery!

Miss Tilly has for some reason made it her mission to get my head out of the friskie bowl and more excited about food. I think she has a secret crush on me too.  

So there I was just lazing around outside minding my own business when Miss Tilly walked in her loopy way right up to me and said in a soft, doughy and slightly floury voice "Good Morning Minnie Moo, do you have plans today? All of the cats from the neighbourhood are getting together at 12 o'clock for a Christmas lunch at the local "Pussy Foot Inn" please come too. Ms Hetta is the owner and today she's serving up my favourite Tuna Tartare."

Tuna Tartare, I thought, what's that? Is it Tuna that's always saying thank you like Tuna Ta Ta? Or Tuna dressed up to the nines ready for a night out on the town? My eyes clouded over in a friskie haze.

Before I knew it I heard myself say "Thank you for the invitation Miss Tilly I'd love to join you all. May I ask what's the dress code and who else is invited?"

"Well there's myself, Ms Miley, Mr Tuxedo (he's dressed already), Mrs Super Big Fluff-Ball, Mr Moggie-Oggie, Ms Look-a-like and yourself. Dress in Santa's best. We're meeting down the hill at 11:45am from there it's a 5 minute walk to the Pussy Foot Inn."

"Who's Ms Look-a-like?" 

"Ah yes well you'll soon see you have a look-a-like except she owns a boat too."

As I got ready I thought of the hundreds of different ways Friskies might appear on the menu...Fresh from the box today! Pan-Fried for extra crunch! Served with a little Fresh Cream on the side!  Boy was I getting hungry.

Wow as a group we all looked cat-tastic. Bang on time we gathered and slowly ambled down to the Pussy Foot Inn. There wasn't too much cat-chat as everyone seemed deep in food thoughts.  

What an amazing place, the Pussy Foot Inn is so fabulous it made my eyes pop. High up tables (must not sit on table) with real proper velvety smooth chairs (must not scratch, repeat must not scratch), starched white linen, polished catlery so shiny I could see myself and a collection of drinking glasses for bubbly, white and red water. Stunning famous cat portraits hung from the walls, Oscar the bionic cat, Milo from Milo and Otis, Garfield, Blackie the richest cat in history and then Orangey from Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Ms Hetta greeted us like long lost friends guiding us to the best table in the house. Our waiter padded silently to the table unfolding our napkins and give us each a menu. Well that's were I came unstuck and for me it all started to fall to pieces. 

  1. The menu was written in gobble-dee-dook what's with all the fancy words?
  2. No I repeat no friskies on the menu, not even on the drinks list
  3. Ms Tilly was sitting next to me
I was quite good at double-dutch but the menu had me stumped, what did it all mean? Where were the friskies? What do I do with a knife, fork and spoon? Was the loo handy in case I need to escape out the window? Oh my now my tongues all tied I can't manage one word to speak to Miss Tilly.

Yours in friskies Minnie Moo

PS: Will I cope or escape? Read more tomorrow http://minniemoothecat.blogspot.com 
To follow my blog please add your email in the top right hand corner of the blog. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Minnie Moo here, I love your comments as much as I love Friskies!