Tuesday 22 November 2011

Minnie Moo stands up to Mr Hawk

Standing up to Mr Hawk
That darn Hawk is still haunting me. It's now been over two years since I left my home in Kingsgate but I still feel like that big giant of a bird (I call him the Prince of Darkness) is still circling somewhere close by ready to swoop and scare the living daylights out of me. 

Just in case you think I'm crazy when I was living there I developed a "lounge phobia" I was really scared of the lounge room.  I was so sure a Hawk hung from its ceiling, M tried so many times to convince me it was the ceiling fan but my gut instinct told me otherwise.

I've been digging deep trying to recall why Hawk's send me into such a spin. Was it because they're descendant from Dinosaurs? That peeps call them birds of prey? Or that something disturbing has happened involving me and a Hawk? That's it! Something scary's gone down and it's time to tell the story. 

I was only a little tiger (ok a 6 month old cat) it was a beautiful day and I was out and about exploring the wonders of the world. There I was in a field with only lots of green grass for me to play in. One minute I was walking, jumping and generally acting like a big kid the next I was well frozen on the spot, funny that how can you freeze when the sun's out?  

In the distance I heard a sound whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh, it sent a chill down my spine. Huge wings were moving in harmony flying through the air then soaring high as the currents took them up into the clouds. For a moment I was spell-bound by this air poetry that is until I cottoned on this gi-normous bird was making a beeline straight towards me. It's curved creepy claws already out ready to snatch me away to never-to-be-seen-again land. 

It was the eyes that truly alarmed me, bright and piercing they were completely focused on me. A chill descended as did the Hawk.

Still frozen I started to shake too and my 4 little legs were trembling so hard I thought, oh no, any minute now I'm going to fall over. Before I knew it I was face to beak with the Prince of Darkness who was eye-balling me with his hawk-like stare.  
"You look delicious enough to eat", he said in a voice that was like molasses, deep, dark, thick and surprising a little sticky. 
I don't know what came over me but all of a sudden I felt this strange sensation it was as if my entire little boy cat body was transforming into a big strong cat ready to take on the menacing power of the Hawk.
"Stop! I know who you are and you're not going to eat me! I'm only 6 months old. Give me a break! So far my life hasn't been a bunch of roses, I'm living on the streets and eating pizzas all the time, mainly tomato, mozzarella and salami. One day I'm going to be even more special than the little cat I am today, I'm even going to have a name".
I stood taller and my voice grew louder as I shouted, "Go Away, Leave Me Alone. I'm little and you're just being a mean old big bird bully".
Incredibly he seemed to shrink right before my very eyes, his head drooped as his body flopped down to the ground.  
"You're right little one, I'm a bully and I'm getting tired of being so  nasty. I guess it's just what I do. I'm a Hawk and all day we fly around looking for yummy things to eat. We don't ask we take", he said in a sad run down voice.  
"Today you've shown me that it doesn't matter what size you are it's not ok to be bullied. I mean sure I'd love to eat you, I love pizza, but I'm not going to have take-away today, I'm going to leave you in peace.  In fact from now on I'm going to hang up my bully wings and only eat left-overs". 
Amazingly then he flew off leaving behind the Prince of Darkness and taking with him a new title the King of left-overs. You know what, bully's never win and thank goodness I found M and friskies.

Yours in friskies Minnie Moo
PS I'd love you to read more about my tails, oops I mean tales www.minniemoothecat.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Minnie Moo here, I love your comments as much as I love Friskies!